DECOREX AFRICA ADMISSION POLICY
- Decorex Africa is open to consumers and trade and must present a valid ticket to enter the Event. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Exhibitors and Press must present their badge on entry.
Exhibitor Badge Security
- Badge holders must not allow their badges to be worn by anyone else. Any failure is likely to lead to the badge holder and the person wearing the badge being removed from the Event.
- Anyone obtaining a badge by theft, deception or other illegal means will likely be asked to leave the Event.
- Tickets to attend the event can be purchased prior to the event on Tickets | Decorex Joburg in Sandton, WC | iTickets
- It is the responsibility of the attendee to present their ticket on entry.
- No lost tickets will be replaced.
- Complimentary ticket holders are required to present their ticket on entry to the Event or present themselves at the Complimentary ticket counter if they don’t have it on them.
- Admission is open to consumers, professionals and business visitors and exhibitors who are involved in or have a direct connection or interest in the subject area of the Event or associated industries or organisations.
Individuals under 16
- No children or young adults under the age of 18 are permitted in the Event halls during build-up or breakdown hours. Decorex Africa - Reed Exhibitions Africa (Pty) Ltd recommends all individuals under the age of 18 attend with a parent or legal guardian, and all individuals under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must obtain the permission of a parent or legal guardian before sending any information to Decorex Africa - Reed Exhibitions Africa (Pty) Ltd, entering any competitions or contests at Decorex Africa, posting any information on Decorex Africa’s website or related websites, or purchasing any goods online related to Decorex Africa.
- The submission of information to Decorex or the purchase and/or use of a ticket to Decorex is a representation and confirmation that you are age 18 or over or have obtained the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a Decorex Africa attendee that is under the age of 18, it is your responsibility to check the suitability of Decorex Africa for any individuals in your party regardless of official age restrictions. Decorex Africa’s on-site or web-enabled technologies, including but not limited to onsite Wi-Fi, on-site interactive kiosks, and any mobile applications associated with Decorex Africa (the “Digital Technologies”) are neither directed at nor intended for us by individuals under the age of 13. Decorex Africa – Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Ltd do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 13, and if the organiser becomes aware that it has inadvertently done so, Decorex Africa will promptly delete such Personal Information.
- If you are under age 13, do not access or use the Digital Technologies unless under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian, and if you are under the age of 18, do not access or use the Digital Technologies without the express consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- By choosing to share your contact details with the event organiser, an exhibitor, visitor or member of the press and any other persons at Decorex Africa, visitors are granting permission for the relevant party to contact them about their products or services.
- Anyone attending the Event should carry and produce on request of the Organisers a personal photo-ID (e.g., passport, photo-ID driving licence, national identity card) or other identification acceptable to the Organisers.
- With the exception of guide dogs or other service animals, no pets or animals of any description will be allowed into the Event.
- Anyone attending the Event must not take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behaviour or wear offensive apparel or be involved in any activity which may disrupt the Event.
- Press badges at the Event are restricted to publishers, editors, journalists, photographers, broadcasters and web bloggers. Members of the press may be required to complete an application form and produce accreditation in the form of a photocopy of a recognised press or media card, business card, a letter from the editor or an official web address linking to a press release in order to verify their position. Press applications from advertising personnel and media sales representatives will not be accepted.
Photography and Recording
- Official photographers and film crew will be taking photographs and recording and/or streaming videos at the Event. Each attendee authorises such photography and recording and permits the Organisers to use the attendee’s image, likeness and voice for archival and promotional purposes in any and all media, without liability, compensation or credit to the attendee.
- No visitor to the Event may take photographs or make any form of recording (including audio or video) on any media at the Event under any circumstances without the prior written permission of the Organisers.
Reservation of Rights
- The Organisers reserve the right to exclude or remove anyone from the Event and the venue who does not comply with this policy or who they reasonably consider is likely to break these rules or who is prohibited from attending under any applicable sanctions, laws or regulations, or otherwise at the Organisers’ discretion.
Service, Safety and Security at our Events
- The safety and security of our staff and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, local and national authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
Alcohol/Drugs (Applicable to Exhibitors and attendees)
- Illegal substances will not be tolerated at the Event. Should any attendee be found buying, using or dealing in any illegal substances or narcotics while at the Event, remediation steps will be taken. If any attendees found to be under the influence of alcohol, illegal or legal drugs and are in any way interfering with other attendees and their ability to enjoy the Event, Decorex Africa - Reed Exhibitions Africa (Pty) Ltd hereby reserve the right to escort such a party from the premises with potentially even more severe remediation consequences, which may include law enforcement being contacted.
- Theft will not be tolerated at the Event. Should you be caught stealing directly from another individual or taking items from any private or public areas of the Event, Decorex Africa - Reed Exhibitions Africa (Pty) Ltd, that are not expressly indicated to be free, remediation steps will be taken, including referral to the police if necessary. Automatic removal will also be applied.
- Decorex Africa - Reed Exhibitions Africa (Pty) Ltd. do not tolerate the commission or act of any crime at the Event itself. Any person, including Exhibitors that are caught committing any crime, especially one that may endanger the safety of themselves, or other attendees are at risk of expulsion from the Event and further police investigation.
- Decorex Africa - Reed Exhibitions Africa (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to change elements of these Guidelines and to make interpretations of the conditions listed above.
- Decorex Africa - Reed Exhibitions Africa (Pty) Ltd will also be the final adjudicator in all disputes, particularly in cases where a fan’s safety may be at risk.
- Decorex Africa - Reed Exhibitions Africa (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to provide the appropriate remedy as a result of any breach of these Behavioural Guideline, including but not limited to expulsion from the Event, referral to the authorities and future bans.
- Decorex Africa trademark(s) are owned by Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Ltd
Everyone attending our events should be aware that the following are in place:
- Customer Service staff may approach you to assist you outside, at entry or inside the event
- Staff and attendees are required to wear ID badges provided or present their ticket if attending as a visitor
- Bag checks may be in operation at our events
- Walkthrough or handheld scanners may be in operation at our events
- CCTV in operation at our events is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and covert Security Guards are in attendance at our events
- Uniformed and covert Police are in attendance at some of our events
- Canine Security and Detection is in operation at some of our events
Everyone attending our events is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious or just out of place to a member of event staff
- Remain patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks.
- Follow the instructions of event staff at all times
- On their final visit to the event, dispose of their badge inside the event or when they’ve returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event.
Mask wearing and presentation of vaccine certificates or negative COVID-19 tests are no longer mandatory to enter any venue. We leave these decisions to the individual exhibition goer, but strongly encourage vulnerable people and those with underlying medical conditions to take appropriate health precautions.
“Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) and all its subsidiaries Decorex Africa® Reimagined (hereinafter referred to as “the Event”), the venue, all contractors and any of its directors, officials, agents, employees and sponsors associated with the Event shall not be liable to any attendee at the Event for any personal injury, loss of or damage to property, the death of such attendee, spouse, life partner or child, howsoever arising or as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Company, its subsidiaries Decorex Africa® Reimagined the venue, all contractors and any of its directors, officials, agents, employees and sponsors associated with the Event even if such an act or omission is to attributed to negligence, such negligent act or omission to be proven in a Court of competent jurisdiction in the Republic of South Africa. The Company endeavours to ensure the utmost quality in as far as the Event is concerned, however it cannot be held liable for any goods purchased from an exhibitor or at the Event that may be damaged or defective. The Company does not guarantee in any manner at all that the goods or products so purchased are free of defects and such liability shall rest with the exhibitor or the company the said exhibitor represents. No claims, including but not limited to, defective goods will be dealt with by the Company. Any agreement (verbal or in writing) entered into by the attendee and the exhibitor is strictly between the attendee and the exhibitor and at no point in time will the Company be held vicariously liable for any damages or loss suffered by the attendee or the exhibitor as a result of the aforementioned agreement or transaction. The Company will not be held liable for any damages, fire, theft or destruction of any nature whatsoever to vehicles parked at the Event. The attendee enters the premises at its own risk and by accepting receipt of any applicable ticket accepts the terms of this indemnity. All vehicles parked at the premises are parked at the owner’s risk. The Company will not accept any liability in as far as the vehicles are concerned, whether stationary or being operated by any person.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
The Company has put in place certain health and safety policies at the Event as preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All attendees must abide by these policies in full to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. The Company reserves the right to remove from the venue any attendee not abiding by said policies and such attendee will have no right of recourse against the Company for such a removal. The Company cannot, and does not, guarantee that attendees at the Event will not become infected with COVID-19 and as such attendees at the Event attend at their own risk and accept all health risks associated therewith.”